HinkleFEST & Benefit Auction
SAVE THE DATE
2023 HinkleFEST: October 13 & 14
The HMS HinkleFEST & Benefit Auction is held annually, rain or shine, on the second weekend of October. It is a time for community building as the school families work together to welcome neighbors, alumni, friends & family to our school and raise funds to underwrite the cost of education at HMS. With lots of fun at the Kid’s FEST as well as delicious food and great auction items, the whole family can enjoy a weekend together!
This event has concluded for 2022.
Contact the office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-354-7100) to receive information about this and other events.
2022 HinkleFEST: October 7 & 8
We are looking forward to a great 2022 HinkleFEST weekend!
Friday, October 7:
4:00 pm: Chicken Chase & Family Fun Run – Get moving with your family at this annual fun run. The HMS Chicken will show up to cheer on the runners as they compete in their age categories. Will you be able to guess who is in that chicken costume?
- 3:30 pm Check-in and Registration. Click here for Chicken Chase pre-registration form.
- 4:00 pm Race walk thru followed by races by age group
- Age Groups: Grade 2 & under; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8, High School-Adults
4:00-7:00 pm: HMS Annual Pork BBQ Dinner – Come out to enjoy a pulled pork meal. Drive-thru or outdoor picnic seating options available.
- Pork BBQ sandwich meal or hot dog meal
- Meals include sandwich, chips, coleslaw, applesauce, carrots, whoopie pie & drink
- Eat-in at our tables scattered under the big tent and around our grounds
4:00-7:00 pm: Auction Preview – Check out all of the great items that will be sold on Saturday!
- Top off your night with some soft-serve ice cream for sale while you check out the auction items.
- FOR THE KIDS: Bounce House & Cotton Candy
Saturday, October 8:
8:00 am: Bidder registration with Martin & Rutt Auctioneers opens
8:00-10:00 am: Breakfast served: breakfast sandwiches, coffee/hot drinks, donuts and more
9:00 am: Live Auction begins outside under the big tent with Martin & Rutt Auctioneers
- Check out some of the items for sale at our Auction Showcase (coming soon)
- HMS Class Projects – Click here for the list & times
9:30 am: Kids FEST All-Day Pass sales open
10:00 am-2:00 pm: Kids FEST Activities open
10:00 am-2:00 pm: Lunch Foods available in the gym
Approx. 3:00 pm: Auction concludes
Saturday Live Auction: 9:00 am – approx. 3:00 pm
This year HinkleFEST will include a live auction on Saturday:
- 9:00 am: Home & Garden
- 9:30 am: Student projects – Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Venture Program
- 10:00 am: Buy Fresh, Buy Local
- 10:30 am: Student projects – Grade 2, Grade 5, and Middle School Ice Cream Club & Canning Club
- 11:00 am: Specialty Certificates
- 11:30 am: Student projects – Grade 1, Grade 3, Middle School Scavenger Hunt (offered by Middle School teachers)
- 12:00 noon: Family Fun items and certificates
- 12:30 pm: Student projects – 8th grade Bake-off, Grade 4, and Middle School Games Club
- 1:00 pm: Wood, Fabric & Artwork items
- 1:30 pm: Student projects – Middle School Photography Club and Art Club
- 2:00 pm: Plants and remaining food
KidsFEST at HinkleFEST: 10:00 am-2:00 pm (Pass sales open at 9:30 am)
Kids will enjoy all the fun outside and under the Kids Tent. Purchase tickets for individual activities or get an All-Day Pass Bracelet!
- Bounce House (unlimited turns with all-day pass)
- Barrel Train (unlimited rides with all-day pass)
- Petting Zoo & Pony Rides (unlimited rides with all-day pass)
- Carnival games & 9-Square (unlimited play with all-day pass)
- Face-painting & crafts
2022 Special Giving Project: Goal $8,500
Each year HMS faculty and board present one special project that will benefit the students and offer a giving opportunity for those who don’t want to take anything home.Our Special Giving Project this year is to purchase a greenhouse from Lapp Structures in New Holland. This greenhouse will provide an opportunity for students at many grade levels to learn in a very hands-on way. For the past several years, middle school students have been planting, harvesting & preserving foods from our garden to sell at the auction and use in Family & Consumer Science (FCS) class. This greenhouse will allow students to see the process of growing plants from seed to harvest. In addition to gardening, there are so many possibilities for this greenhouse: science lessons, growing flowers for Servathon projects to local retirement communities, landscaping, developing native and rain gardens on our campus, fundraising, and much more!
The greenhouse that we are looking to purchase would be large enough for a class to work in together and provide space for multiple projects at the same time. It will also have a solar heating system to allow use of the greenhouse year round.
We are excited about all the ways that this greenhouse will be used to enhance our curriculum and complement our vision and mission at HMS. This special giving project will be a great opportunity for our students to engage in practical, hands-on learning that will not only teach the process of growing plants, but also teach higher values of service, community, and creation care.
Thank you to our 2022 HinkleFEST sponsors:
- Chris & Sandy Chase
- C.E. Sauder & Sons Feed
- Lapp Structures
- Hibshman’s Auto Service, Inc.
- Homestead Nutrition Inc.
- Lincoln Pavement Services
- PaulB Hardware
- Zimmerman Auto Body Supplies, Inc.
- Charles M. Shirk Trucking Inc.
- Chikes Orthodontics
- C.H. Sauder Trucking LLC
- Cloister’s Flooring America
- Ephrata National Bank
- Floor Craft NH LLC
- Martin’s Flooring
- Rocky Ridge Auto Sales & Service, Inc.
- Calvin & Diane Ewell
- Gap View Farm Market LLC
- Hirst Systems
- Oregon Dairy
- Stauffer Diesel, Inc.
- Yellow Hill Concrete Inc.
Special Thanks to these In-Kind Donors:
- Dutch-Way Farm Market
- Esbenshade’s Garden Centers
- Martin & Rutt Auctioneers
- Martin Appliance & Water Conditioning
- White Oak Ice Company