2021 HinkleFEST: October 8 & 9
The HMS HinkleFEST & Benefit Auction is held annually, rain or shine, on the second weekend of October. It is a time for community building as the school families work together to welcome neighbors, alumni, friends & family to our school and raise funds to underwrite the cost of education at HMS. With lots of fun at the Kid’s FEST as well as delicious food and great auction items, the whole family can enjoy a weekend together!
We are looking forward to a great 2021 HinkleFEST weekend!
Friday, October 8:
4:00 pm: Chicken Chase & Family Fun Run – Get moving with your family at this annual fun run. The HMS Chicken will show up to cheer on the runners as they compete in their age categories. Will you be able to guess who is in that chicken costume?
- 3:30 pm Check-in and Registration. Pre-register with this form.
- 4:00 pm Races begin
- Age Groups: Grade 2 & under; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8, High School-Adults
4:00-7:00 pm: HMS Annual Pork BBQ Dinner – Come out to enjoy a pulled pork meal. Drive-thru or outdoor picnic seating options available.
- Pork BBQ sandwich meal or hot dog meal
- Meals include sandwich, chips, coleslaw, applesauce, carrots, whoopie pie & drink
- Eat-in at our tables scattered under the big tent and around our grounds
4:00-7:00 pm: Auction Preview – Check out all of the great items that will be sold on Saturday!
- Top off your night with some soft-serve ice cream for sale while you check out the auction items.
- FOR THE KIDS: Balloon Animals & Cotton Candy
Saturday, October 8:
8:00 am: Bidder registration with Martin & Rutt Auctioneers opens
8:00 am: Coffee Cafe opens
9:00 am: Live Auction begins outside under the big tent with Martin & Rutt Auctioneers
- Check out some of the items for sale at our Auction Showcase (coming soon)
- HMS Class Projects
9:00 am-2:00 pm: Food Area in the gym open
9:30 am: Kids FEST All-Day Pass sales open
10:00 am-2:00 pm: Kids FEST Activities open
Approx. 3:00 pm: Auction concludes
Saturday Live Auction: 9:00 am – approx. 3:00 pm
This year HinkleFEST will include a live auction only on Saturday, though we look forward to returning to a Friday night auction in future years.
- 9:00 am: Buy Fresh, Buy Local meat, produce & other food
- 9:30 am: Student projects – Venture Program & Middle School Board Games & Kites Clubs
- 10:00 am: Home & Garden
- 10:45 am: Student projects – Middle School Ice Cream & Canning Clubs & Pre-k & Kindergarten projects
- 11:00 am: Special Gift Certificates
- 11:30 am: Student projects – Grades 1 & 2 and Video Scavenger Hunt offered by Middle School Teachers
- 12:00 noon: Family Fun items & certificates
- 12:30 pm: 8th Grade Bake-off and Grades 3-5
- 1:00 pm: Wood/Fabric/Art items
- 1:30 pm: Middle School Graphic Design & Photography Clubs
- 2:00 pm: Plants and remaining food
KidsFEST at HinkleFEST: 10:00 am-2:00 pm (Pass sales open at 9:30 am)
Kids will enjoy all the fun outside and under the Kids Tent. Purchase tickets for individual activities or get an All-Day Pass Bracelet!
- Bounce House (unlimited turns with all-day pass)
- Barrel Train (unlimited rides with all-day pass)
- Petting Zoo & Pony Rides (unlimited rides with all-day pass)
- Carnival games & 9-Square (unlimited play with all-day pass)
- Face-painting & crafts (1 each with all-day pass)
NEW! Cupcake Decorating: $1 each (not included with all-day pass)
SPECIAL VISITS: from local First Responders!
- Friday: Martindale Fire Company
- Saturday: New Holland Police Company
2021 Special Giving Project: Goal $6,500
Each year HMS faculty and board present one special project that will benefit the students and offer a giving opportunity for those who don’t want to take anything home.
“But now, O LORD, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand.” Isa 64:8 (NKJV)
Our special giving project for this year is to purchase a new kiln for clay pottery projects. With concern for any fire hazard and fumes a new kiln is being looked at to provide safe and proper heat and air ventilation. The projects and lessons in clay give HMS students first hand examples and experience of working with clay as the Lord works, shapes and fires our lives with His Spirit. Please consider giving towards this kiln to continue to enrich the lives of Hinkletown’s students.
Thank you to our 2021 HinkleFEST sponsors:
- Chris & Sandy Chase
- Esbenshade’s Garden Centers
- Martin & Rutt Auctioneers
- Martin Appliance & Water Conditioning
- Dutch-Way Farm Market
- Hibshman’s Auto Service, Inc.
- Horst Exteriors, LLC
- Lincoln Pavement Services
- Martin Tree Service LLC
- Zimmerman Auto Body Supplies, Inc.
- C.E. Sauder & Sons Feed
- C.H. Sauder Trucking LLC
- Cloister’s Flooring America
- Ephrata National Bank
- Homestead Nutrition Inc.
- Rocky Ridge Auto Sales & Service, Inc.
- Shady Maple Farm Market
- Achenbach’s Pastries Inc.
- Cheryl & Friends Hair Studio
- Eagle Rental
- Hirst Systems
- M & S Sales & Service Inc.
- Stauffer Diesel, Inc.
- Yellow Hill Concrete Inc.