2023 HinkleFEST: October 13 & 14
The HMS HinkleFEST & Benefit Auction is held annually, rain or shine, on the second weekend of October. It is a time for community building as the school families work together to welcome neighbors, alumni, friends & family to our school and raise funds to underwrite the cost of education at HMS. With lots of fun at the Kid’s FEST as well as delicious food and great auction items, the whole family can enjoy a weekend together!
We are looking forward to a great 2023 HinkleFEST weekend!
Friday, October 13:
4:00 pm: Chicken Chase & Family Fun Run – Get moving with your family at this annual fun run. The HMS Chicken will show up to cheer on the runners as they compete in their age categories. Will you be able to guess who is in that chicken costume?
- 3:30 pm Check-in and Registration. Registration form coming soon!
- 4:00 pm Race walk thru followed by races by age group
- Age Groups: Grade 2 & under; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8, High School-Adults
4:00-7:00 pm: HMS Annual Pork BBQ Dinner – Come out to enjoy a pulled pork meal. Drive-thru or outdoor picnic seating options available.
- Pork BBQ sandwich meal or hot dog meal
- Meals include sandwich, chips, coleslaw, applesauce, carrots, whoopie pie & drink
- Eat-in at our tables scattered under the big tent and around our grounds
4:00-7:00 pm: Auction Preview – Check out all of the great items that will be sold on Saturday!
- NEW! Cash & Carry Table offered for local restaurants & services. Accepting cash/check only!
- NEW! Visit the Alumni table: Find your photo in a yearbook, and receive a free soft-serve ice cream!
- FOR THE KIDS: Bounce House & Cotton Candy
Saturday, October 14:
8:00 am: Bidder registration with Martin & Rutt Auctioneers, LLC opens
8:00-10:00 am: Breakfast served: breakfast sandwiches, coffee/hot drinks, donuts and more
9:00 am: Live Auction begins with Martin & Rutt Auctioneers
- Check out some of the items for sale at our Auction Showcase (coming soon)
- HMS Class Projects
9:30 am: Kids FEST All-Day Pass sales open
10:00 am-2:00 pm: Kids FEST Activities open
10:00 am-2:00 pm: Lunch Foods available in the gym
Approx. 3:00 pm: Auction concludes
Saturday Live Auction: 9:00 am – approx. 3:00 pm
This year HinkleFEST will include a live auction on Saturday. See the schedule below:
9:00 Home & Garden
9:30 Pre-K & Kindergarten
End of Hour: Special Giving #1
10:00 Meat & Local Foods
10:30 First Apple Dumpling
Middle School Ice Cream/Canned Foods
1st & 2nd Grades
10:45 Meals @ Your Seat
End of Hour: Special Giving #2
11:00 Specialty Certificates
11:30 Middle School Scavenger Hunt (3)
Middle School Games
11:45 Meals @ Your Seat
End of Hour: Special Giving #3
11:45 MS Bake Off
12:15 Family Fun
12:45 5th Grade, Middle School and Venture Program
End of Hour: Special Giving #4
1:00 Home Interiors
1:30 3rd, 4th and Middle School
2:00 Plants & Remaining Food
Student & Class Projects:
- Pre-K (Lichty/Lapp): Parent-Made Play Mud Kitchen and Memory Game (one for each class)
- Kindergarten (Martin): Lego Basket
- Kindergarten (Myers): Campfire Basket
- 1st (Umble/Martin): “Hands of Love” Blanket
- 2nd (Snader): Puzzle Basket with Personalized Puzzle
- 2nd (Ranck): Personalized Tin with Ice Cream Maker and Toppings
- 3rd (Denlinger): Personalized Laundry Dry Rack with other related items
- 4th (Martin): Personalized Bookshelf
- 4th (Landis): Nail and Thread Art Basket
- 5th (Reinford): Personalized Cookie Jar with 2 ready to make cookie mixes and other related items
- MS: HMS-themed Exploding Chicken Game, HMS-themed ABC book, Decorative mugs and slates, and Friendship bracelets
- VP: Pro Spikeball (2) and Croquet Set
AVAILABLE Auction Week: HinkleFEST Program & Sale List
KidsFEST at HinkleFEST: 10:00 am-2:00 pm (Pass sales open at 9:30 am)
Kids will enjoy all the fun outside and under the Kids Tent. Purchase tickets for individual activities or get an All-Day Pass Bracelet!
- Bounce House (unlimited turns with all-day pass)
- Barrel Train (unlimited rides with all-day pass)
- Petting Zoo & Pony Rides (unlimited rides with all-day pass)
- Carnival games & 9-Square (unlimited play with all-day pass)
- Face-painting & crafts
2023 Special Giving Project: Mini Bus
Each year we hold a Special Giving Project as part of the HinkleFEST Benefit Auction as a way for our community to contribute to the life of the school without purchasing physical items to take home.
This year, we will be raising funds to complete the purchase of a second minibus to replace the old red minivan. The 2003 Honda minivan was bought in 2017 to transport students from Reading. In 2019, it became a multi-purpose vehicle used for all sorts of things including athletics and Enrichment Clusters. It is no longer able to meet those needs or the new opportunities that we see on the horizon. We would love to purchase a minibus that can not only do the above, but also be an extra vehicle teachers can use for field trips, the 8th grade Spruce Lake trip, and other purposes and backups for our overall fleet.
If we meet our goal of $10,000, combined with the funds already committed, we will be able to acquire the minibus that will serve HMS and our students into the future.
Thank you to our 2023 HinkleFEST sponsors:
- Chris & Sandy Chase
- In Memory of Nan Oberholzer
- Zimmerman Auto Body Supplies, Inc.
- C.E. Sauder & Sons, LLC
- DavCo Advertising, Inc.
- Floor Craft NH, LLC
- Hibshman’s Auto Service, Inc.
- Homestead Nutrition, Inc.
- Lincoln Pavement Services. Inc.
- Martin Tree Service, LLC
- Simon Lever
- Achenbach’s Pastry Inc.
- Cloister’s Flooring America
- Ephrata National Bank
- J.R. Judd Violins, LLC
- M&S Sales & Service, Inc.
- Martin’s Flooring
- Yoder Design Co.
- Bath Barn
- Hirst Systems
- King’s Homestead
Special Thanks to these In-Kind Donors:
- Dutch-Way Farm Market
- Esbenshade’s Garden Centers & Greenhouses
- Martin & Rutt Auctioneers, LLC
- Martin Water Conditioning
- White Oak Ice Company, LLC