The 2020 HinkleFEST is complete!
Thank you to all who supported HMS this year! We exceeded all expectations and raised over $70,000 to support Christ-centered, Child-focused education at HMS!
Save the Date for next year’s HinkleFEST: October 8 & 9, 2021!
The HMS HinkleFEST & Benefit Auction is held annually, rain or shine, on the second weekend of October. It is a time for community building as the school families work together to welcome neighbors, alumni, friends & family to our school and raise funds to underwrite the cost of education at HMS. With lots of fun at the Kid’s FEST as well as delicious food and great auction items, the whole family can enjoy a weekend together!
We are looking forward to a great 2020 HinkleFEST weekend hosted outside and with a streamlined weekend schedule:
Friday, October 9:
4:00 pm: Chicken Chase & Family Fun Run – Get moving with your family at this annual fun run. The HMS Chicken will show up to cheer on the runners as they compete in their age categories. Will you be able to guess who is in that chicken costume?
- 4:00 pm Check-in and Registration. Pre-register with this form.
- 4:30 pm Races begin
- Age Groups: Grade 2 & under; Grades 3-5; Grades 6-8, High School-Adults
4:00-7:00 pm: HMS Annual Pork BBQ Dinner – Come out to enjoy a pulled pork meal. Drive-thru or outdoor picnic seating options available.
- Pork BBQ sandwich meal or hot dog meal
- Eat-in at our tables scattered under the big tent and around our grounds
4:00-7:00 pm: Auction Preview – Check out all of the great items that will be sold on Saturday!
- Top off your night with some soft-serve ice cream for sale while you check out the auction items.
Saturday, October 10:
8:00 am: Bidder registration with Martin & Rutt Auctioneers opens
8:00-11:00 am: Coffee Cafe opens
9:00 am: Live Auction begins outside under the big tent with Martin & Rutt Auctioneers
- Check out some of the items for sale at our Auction Showcase (coming soon)
- HMS Class Projects
9:00 am-2:00 pm: Food Tent opens
9:30 am: Kids FEST All-Day Pass sales open
10:00 am-2:00 pm: Kids FEST Activities open
Approx. 3:00 pm: Auction concludes
Saturday Live Auction: 9:00 am – approx. 3:00 pm
This year HinkleFEST will include a live auction only on Saturday, though we look forward to returning to a Friday night auction in future years.
- 9:00 am: Home & Garden
- 9:45 am: Student projects – Pre-K & Kindergarten
- 10:00 am: Buy Fresh, Buy Local & other food
- 10:30 am: Student projects – Middle School
- 11:00 am: Family Fun Close to Home
- 11:15 am: Student project – Venture Program
- 11:30 am: Student projects – Grades 1-2
- 12:00 noon: Vacation Packages & Getaways
- 12:30 pm: Student Projects – Grades 3-5
- 1:00 pm: Handicrafts & Artwork
- 2:00 pm: Plants and remaining food
KidsFEST at HinkleFEST: 10:00 am-2:00 pm (Pass sales open at 9:30 am)
Kids will enjoy all the fun outside and under the Kids Tent. Purchase tickets for individual activities or get an All-Day Pass Bracelet!
- Barrel Train (unlimited rides with all-day pass)
- Petting Zoo & Pony Rides (unlimited rides with all-day pass)
- Carnival games & 9-Square (unlimited play with all-day pass)
- Craft bags – Allowing for less overlapping use of craft supplies, bags will include drawing items, craft items, candy treat, a “fidget” toy, and a pumpkin decorating kit. Children will choose their own pumpkin to decorate and take home. (One per all-day pass)
2020 Special Giving Project – Classroom Projector update
Project Goal: $12,000 (15 classrooms, approximately $800 each)
Each year HMS faculty and board present one special project that will benefit the students and offer a giving opportunity for those who don’t want to take anything home. For 2020, we are inviting auction guests to help us replace our classroom projectors. These projectors and the Apple TV boxes that allow teachers to connect remotely were installed as a special giving project in 2013. . . they are showing the wear and use of seven years of heavy use. New projectors will allow students & teachers to continue the interactivity in the classroom and connection with via video with others off-campus. We appreciate our community’s involvement in supporting our students and classrooms!
2019 Project Update–HMS Woodshop & Tools: Last year we raised over $12,000 toward the tools and woodshop construction, including safety equipment like a Saw Stop that provides backup protection as the students are learning to use the tools safely. This year middle school & high school students are constructing shelves, step stools and other projects as they learn skills that will serve them in life.
Thank you to our 2020 HinkleFEST sponsors:
- Martin & Rutt Auctioneers
- Dutch-Way Farm Market
- Hibshman’s Auto Service, Inc.
- Horst Exteriors, LLC
- Lichty Brochures, Inc.
- Lincoln Pavement Services
- Martin Appliance & Water Conditioning
- Zimmerman’s Auto Body Supplies, Inc.
- Achenbach’s Pastry Inc.
- Chikes Orthodontics
- C.H. Sauder Trucking LLC
- Cloister’s Flooring America
- Ephrata National Bank
- Hirst Systems
- Homestead Nutrition Inc.
- Martin Tree Service LLC
- Rocky Ridge Auto Sales & Service, Inc.
- Four Seasons Produce
- Good Food, Inc.
- JB Zimmerman & Sons
- Martin’s Flooring, Inc.
- M & S Sales & Service Inc.
- Stauffer Diesel, Inc.
- Yellow Hill Concrete Inc.